- Created a specific chapter for security related rules.
- A rule server certificate usage.
- A rule on not setting the option
falsewhen reading an XML file.
- A rule on not using constant variable names as
- A rule on not using hard-coded username and or password.
- Moved the rule about not using eval-functions from the chapter Statements to Security, so STAT-14 became SECURITY-1.
- Moved the rule about not using the shell escape function from the chapter Statements to Security, so STAT-16 became SECURITY-2.
- A rule on consistent naming for class objects.
- A rule on not instantiating abstract classes.
- A rule on not using the command syntax.
- A rule on not using iterator variables outside the for loop.
- A rule on having the object of the class as the first output of a constructor.
- A rule on a consistent class object name.
- A rule on not calling functions with more input arguments than are expected.
- A rule on classes not implementing properties inherited from superclasses.
- A rule on not having Java dependencies in your code.
- A rule on having the same method access permissions as those from of a superclass.
- A rule on not using tab characters.
- A rule on having all properties blocks before all methods blocks in classdef files.
- A rule on including an
ifs that have an
- A rule on not using undocumented MATLAB-installed functions.
- A rule on not missing method declarations and implementations.
- A rule on mismatches between input and output declarations and implementations for methods.
- The descriptions of the severity levels to match those currently used by TIOBE's TICS.
- The severity levels and priorities of several rules.